September 1, 2011

Domestic Dummy

I am surrounded by domestic divas. For starters, I have two talented mother-in-laws. One who is constantly sewing and embroidering cute gifts for her grandchildren, and another who can cook and entertain like a professional party planner. Then there's my dear friend who makes almost everything in her pantry from scratch (including her dishsoap!) She can whip up two pans of nutritious homemade granola bars before her boys even get out of bed in the morning.

I love these women and I look upon their talent with awe. Yet when it comes to my own craft and culinary abilities, I'm kind of a domestic dummy. In fact, I managed to reach adulthood without ever learning how to mend a loose button or bake a cake from scratch. I am slowly beginning to learn these life skills, but let's be honest, I'm never going to be that uber-talented mom who feeds her kids homemade ketchup and sews costumes for the school's Christmas pageant. That's just not me.

I'm your average everyday mom living a typical ordinary life. This blog is a collection of simple crafts, basic recipes, and easy money saving tips. It is my personal notebook to refer to when I make these gifts again. And maybe, just maybe, this blog can serve as a resource for other domestic dummies like me. These crafts and recipes are basic enough for the beginner, tasty enough to serve to company, cute enough to give as gifts, and quick enough to finish during baby's nap (hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment