June 27, 2012

What to Eat When It's 100 Degrees

I am hot, tired, and cranky. It was 105 degrees today and has been hovering around the century mark all week long. Our twenty-year-old air conditioner just can't keep up. It runs and runs, but doesn't even come close to reaching the target temp. Our house remains miserably hot long past sunset.

The AC unit is old, nearly out of freon and simply needs to be replaced. Fortunately, this will be done later this week, but until then, I refuse do any cooking. I will not turn on the oven or boil a single pot of water. It is just way too hot.

So what do you eat when it's 100 degrees outside?

Here's what we're eating during this self-declared "no cooking week."

Sunday: Takeout from Mr Goodcent's (sub sandwiches)
Monday: Hotdogs, microwave beans, store bought potato salad, green leafy salad, Sunchips.
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Grape Chicken Salad on Ciabatta rolls, chips, blueberry/cantaloupe fruit salad
Thursday: BLTs, fruit salad, green leafy salad.
Friday: Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, OJ.
Saturday: Caesar Chicken Wraps, chips.
Sunday: Crockpot BBQ Coke pulled pork sandwiches




Oh, and we eat ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream.
What do you eat when it's too hot to cook?

3 comments:

  1. I understand that completely. We live where indoor AC is not the norm, being from the south originally I never knew there was such a thing. It's not too bad except for like one week in July, but I don't even go near the stove during that week.

    I love a chicken grape salad, very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great keeping cool meals! I make the husband grill for me on super hot days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eating ice cream in the evenings to stay cool and it's a sure fire way to put on pounds. I prefer a slush, but ice cream is easier to keep on hand. :) Thanks for coming by Quirky Vistas to comment and follow. I'm so glad you did. Hope to see you over at my place again!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete