May 31, 2014

Chalkboard Tag Maternity and Newborn Photo Prop "Gift from God"

Some pregnant women clean their houses heavily during the nesting phase at the end of pregnancy, but for me, instead of feeling a need to clean I felt a need to create. It was a burst of creative energy that defined my nesting period and I completed several projects in the last few weeks of pregnancy including this chalkboard tag photo prop which I used as a photo prop in both maternity and newborn photos. The "Gift form God" lettering was designed and cut with my silhouette cameo and software.

Silhouette Tip: If you're having trouble finding a decorative scroll or flourish that fits your design, consider making your own using Silhouette's edit points feature. In my design, shown below, the decorative swirl under the text began as a letter "f". I elongated, rotated, and used the edit points feature to eliminate the cross arms in the middle of the letter. Once you like the way it looks, hit the duplicate object button and you have yourself a double scroll.(Compare to the letter f in the word gift and from on the tag.)



1 comment:

  1. This is soooooooo sweet.... Babies are such a miracle and truly a gift from God...... You have captured that sentiment so well in images..... :)
    x Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete