January 3, 2014

Lookie What I Made: DIY Maternity Jeans



When you're 5'10" finding jeans with a long inseam is almost always a challenge. A challenge that becomes nearly impossible when shopping for maternity jeans. Very few places carry tall maternity jeans without ordering online or paying a ridiculous price. So what's a crafty girl to do? DIY of course!

My sewing skills are elementary at best, but even I was able to pull off this project with the modified help from this tutorial by Running With Scissors. 

The best part is, it didn't cost me a thing! Both the jeans and the swimsuit coverup, from which I cut the elastic band, were clothing items in my "donate pile." Other than a small hole in the knee, the jeans were in good condition (and long enough :)



Obviously, I don't normally tuck my shirts into maternity jeans, so normally the pink band is completely covered by the length of my maternity shirts. 

And while I was at my sewing machine, I took the opportunity to patch the knee hole that landed the jeans in the donate pile in the first place. I'm usually not one to patch knee holes, especially with such a bold color, but I think the pink is kind of fun :)





No comments:

Post a Comment