I've made a few updates recently to this little blog's layout and appearance. I'm going for a simpler and more streamlined look. Do you like it?
Here's the complete rundown of the new changes....
- Switch to a simple layout with a plain white background.
- New About Me Page - Want to know which TV shows are on my DVR? Check it out!
- Create a new welcome headshot photo - the standard blogger intro photo I had been using was smaller than I wanted. I replaced it with an "image" gadget from the Google layout page and used picmonkey's new circle cutout feature to create an updated welcome photo of myself.
- Update Pinterest and Blogger profile photos to match welcome photo.
- Move the sidebar from the right to the left side.
- Use a Pinterest Board Widget in place of an image gallery to display previous post under the craft index tab.
- Clean up old posts - Some of my early posts were a little rough. I deleted a handful of old posts.
- Uninstall LinkWithin - A decision I made after reading this post, "Why I stopped using LinkWithin"
- Install nRelate - still on my to do list
- Adjust sidebar and overall blog widths. My previous overall blog width was narrow, resulting in a title header that appeared centered on the page (rather than left aligned). A larger sidebar also accommodates the preferred ad sizes on Google AdSense.
- Consolidate ads and optimize ad sizes - I realized that if I ever want to reach the magical $50 AdSense payout, I needed to optimize my ad sizes and switch to one of the recommended ad dimensions. Also, instead of splitting my earning between one Share-A-Sale ad and one Google AdSense ad, I consolidated, making both ad spaces through Google AdSense.