February 10, 2012

Like Mother, Like Daughter: Cute Photo Idea


In 1985, I was photographed wearing a pair of pink kitten corduroy overalls. (I know, classic 80s style, right?) My mother was particularly fond of this outfit and has saved these overalls through all the years, despite several moves and a house flood.

Now, nearly three decades and one generation later, the overalls have been retrieved from storage and slipped onto my willing daughter for an impromptu photo shoot. It was so sweet to watch her interact with the baby, i.e. me, in the photo frame. She kept saying "baby, baby" and at one point she even gave the picture a kiss. You melt my heart baby girl!



I always knew we shared a loose resemblance, but seeing these images - wow - we really do look alike. She's about three months older than I was at the time of the photo, hence the highwaters. Nonetheless, the similarities are striking, especially when you edit the two images side by side. Thanks mom, for saving my old baby clothes!
Linking up at Tatertots and Jello, I Heart Naptime and Positively Splendid

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. What a great idea! My mom saved my 80s overalls too! Makes me laugh. Im going to have to do this :)

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my Friday party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute idea

    i am now following you
    via Linky Followers
    and hope you'll return the favor!

    alison

    ReplyDelete