December 7, 2013

A New Twist on Wearing Pearls


Pin It
My new favorite way to wear pearls is with ribbon and a twist. This little trick transforms your look from traditional to contemporary with just a simple twist of the wrist and a piece of ribbon. And the best part? No damage to your pearls!  Let me show you how.


To get this look, you will need either one very long strand of pearls or two medium length strands. My necklace happens to be the 90" necklace called Opening Night from Premier Designs, but any long stranded necklace will work. (I've also successfully tried this technique with my daughter's mardi gras style dress-up beads.)



To Summarize.....

  • Hold the necklace as shown in image 1 and begin to twist both sides simultaneously.
  • Keep twisting until the desired look is achieved.
  • Tie together with a piece of ribbon and a prepare to look fabulous :-)
  • Wear the bow behind your neck, or stylishly in front. Be sure to tie a double knot.





Pin It
And there you have it. A fresh way to wear your classic pearls. I just love the ribbon and pearl combo, don't you?

(Just for grins, here's a pic of my growing baby bump :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment